Google Photos app for iPhone and iPad
3840 ratings )
Photo & Video
Current version: 3.9.0
, last update: 5 months ago
First release : 28 May 2015
App size: 196.69 Mb
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• LIVE PHOTOS: You can store, view, and share photos with motion.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesnt run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Pros and cons of Google Photos app for iPhone and iPad
Google Photos app good for
Absolutely fantastic, especially the editing functions. I love the creating movies feature.
I was really hesitant to use Googoe Photos as Im pretty tied to iCloud and Apples photos ecosystem, but Im glad I did. Its incredible and by far the best way to manage and share photos Ive found yet. If I wasnt worried they may some day kill it off like they do so many of their other services, Id happily pay for it. Only thing missing is an option for hidden albums and photos.
Google Photos page to share. She is not patient enough to make sure it is on the right tab to be backing up.
Seems great but if we dont leave the app open on the assistant tab the backups seem to stop. Got back from our trip a week ago and my wife was frustrated that her pics were not on her
Great app to view photos and videos. Love the automatic yield upload to Google Drive to be able to share with friends and family.
Excellent app. Much better than everything else ever done. Thanks google.
Does and does well. Assistant is pretty good. Search by subject (ie search for all the pictures you took that have a car in them -without the need to pre tag in anyway). Just get it
Some bad moments
I downloaded it from the App Store because it said Google. Im happy enough with my photos on my apple SE...
You need to open the app and leave it open in order to backup your pics & vids. It stops as soon as you go back to another app.
I thought this would be a great app. But after trying three days to upload photos from my iPad and iPhone it has been nothing but frustrating. My iPhone will bounce from having 12 photos left to 62. The next time I check it might show 135. This is after leaving the app running all night for three nights. My iPad said it was done only to now show it has 23 more photos to upload. And it is not just me. My wife is having the same issues using a different account on her iPhone. I have read the countless forum posts about similar issues and have the reboot, reinstall, reboot routine without success. I have used DropBox and Pogoplug for syncing photos before without issues. So I guess I will stick with them until Google gets their act together. I guess their rather good commercials have been too successful and too many people are using the app. Whatever it is, it is frustrating.
free up space,
google photos app,
google cast app,
and other. So, download free Google Photos .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Google Photos iOS app used & searched for